Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Commonwealth
I'd like to add my thanks to all the arbiters, organizers and helpers for their enormous hard work, and the success of the event too, of course.

Andy Howie Wrote:Alex, Dave and Lara were back at the venue doing the clean up today (I am back at work). Grading is up, photos are uploading as we speak and I have one final blog to write. Couple more jobs to do for CS then I am off on holiday for 2 weeks. I am avoiding chess for that period!

With scores of Scottish players around, some help would surely have been forthcoming if particular requests had been made, eg for the cleanup. Stable door and all that, but don't be too shy to ask!
Would that be the scores of Scottish Players that were there for the prizegiving. Very few of the Scottish prizewinners were there Sad
"How sad to see, what used to be, a model of decorum and tranquility become like any other sport, a battleground for rival ideologies to slug it out with glee"
Should make it a rule that - unless under exceptional circumstances - prizes will not be given out to players if they are not at the prize ceremony to receive them?
Or you can deduct a certain % from prize winners who do not attend.
Andy Howie Wrote:Would that be the scores of Scottish Players that were there for the prizegiving. Very few of the Scottish prizewinners were there Sad

World cup semi final....!?
You've got to get your request in early - it's good endgame technique Big Grin
Andrew McHarg Wrote:Should make it a rule that - unless under exceptional circumstances - prizes will not be given out to players if they are not at the prize ceremony to receive them?
Why? The Welsh contingent had the last train back to Wales to catch.
I get my kicks above the waistline, sunshine
Thank you to everyone who made this event happen. I spoke to some of the other players and there was a real sense of being involved with something a bit special.