Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Commonwealth Championships
In what instance does 5-fold repitition apply (rather than 3-fold)?

And what is the 75 move rule?

Just interested!
New rule that came in for tournaments that started from 1 July. If there is either a 5 fold repetition or 75 moves without a capture or pawn move, the Arbiter can call the draw.
"How sad to see, what used to be, a model of decorum and tranquility become like any other sport, a battleground for rival ideologies to slug it out with glee"
andyburnett Wrote:Round 3 blog posted Smile

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.streetfightingchess.com/commonwealth-scottish-championships-round-1/">http://www.streetfightingchess.com/comm ... s-round-1/</a><!-- m -->

1.Nc3. Not in the prep Andy?! I wish I had been there to see your face :p
After today's debacle, I have been told by my wife to withdraw as I need to babysit at the weekend while she practices as a volunteer for the real commonwealth games. I can play round 5 but will stop after that. She actually phoned me before the game too about the same thing.
What happened today?

Also, i see the live boards went down...
Andy Muir wrote...

Quote:After today's debacle, I have been told by my wife to withdraw as I need to babysit at the weekend while she practices as a volunteer for the real commonwealth games. I can play round 5 but will stop after that. She actually phoned me before the game too about the same thing.

Thank you so much as an elected CS representative for letting ChessScotland members know your intentions based around the "real" Commonwealth games.
-- deleted --
amuir Wrote:After today's debacle, I have been told by my wife to withdraw as I need to babysit at the weekend while she practices as a volunteer for the real commonwealth games. I can play round 5 but will stop after that. She actually phoned me before the game too about the same thing.

Wasn't any of this known or predictable before the tournament started Andy?
Also, did you receive a free entry to the tournament as an IM?
I got free entry. Women are not predictable. Both wife and mum don't want me to play. They seemed happy at start but now complaining. My wife said the real commonwealth games are more important than the chess and as I am staying at my mums she complained my game finished late and my tea got cold.
Please, someone, stop me......