Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Commonwealth less than fortnight to go!!
Andy are you really having a go at little old me????

The crying remark was aimed at Alan Tate's world cup comment.

The referendum one was just for fun. Don't gripe at each other.

I can't be accused of being biased. I'm Scottish by family and choice, English by birth and Welsh by Christian name. I also like emeralds (and other jewels) so that's Irish covered!!!!

GG =))
Glynis Grant Wrote:Andy are you really having a go at little old me????

The crying remark was aimed at Alan Tate's world cup comment.

The referendum one was just for fun. Don't gripe at each other.

I can't be accused of being biased. I'm Scottish by family and choice, English by birth and Welsh by Christian name. I also like emeralds (and other jewels) so that's Irish covered!!!!

GG =))

I wasn't having a go at you Glynis, but please remember that 'our' sense of humour is just as valid as yours and doesn't need to be 'moderated' in a schoolmarm-ish way [-x

P.S. Nor do I detect any 'gripes' at each other (until now, of course Wink )

P.P.S. I'm not biased either - I (now) have lots of friends in Italy, Uruguay and Costa Rica =))
Glynis,
You should look at my family line,
I was born in Greenock :-bd
Father was English with a Scottish Great Grandmother from Edinburgh Big Grin and her folks came from Wick and Helmsdale, so that gives me membership of the McKay clan Big Grin

Mother was Scottish but of total Irish ancestry with Collins, Dougans, Kiernans and Duffys in the maternal family tree.

To top it all I have cousins who are half English and half Greek Cypriot!!

A good friend of mine aptly described me as a thoroughbred mongrel =))
a term I thought was hilarious
Andy maybe it would have helped if you had actually written a comment rather than just copied my message. I thought you were telling me that I had been offensive to people which was certainly not my intention. Therefore I was upset and felt I had to explain my actions to you and everyone else.

As far as being school marmish, that again was far from my mind. I talk and write in quite a formal manner, it's just my nature and again was not used to cause offense.

Steve - mongrels are always better than thoroughbreds. They are intelligent, lovable and loyal. I'd be honoured to join your ranks!!

Glynis

Look forward to seeing you both, and everyone else, next week