Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Richardson Cup
Quote:I' prefer it CS take note what is tournament best practice be checking what other premier events are doing elsewhere do e.g. Euro club or 4NCL etc.

Fair point but who decides what is ‘best practice’? Probably those who take part. If you get someone like me coming along who is not familiar with the rules and practices of events like this then it helps to get the views of those more familiar with them and then to see if there is wider agreement with those views.

Quote:I don't agree by the way that CS should take such a passive stance on rules actually. Individuals all have their own personal agendas and if left to a relatively small number of vocal players (no doubt myself included) risks producing a distorted view reflecting these players natural bias.

Isn’t that a self-countering argument, at least in respect of your suggested change? Let’s say a small number of vocal players (you and George – but not to imply you’re shouting about it Smile ) ask for a change; I change the rules according; next season we discover a large body are opposed to it. That would be exactly the distortion you are concerned about. On the other hand a small number of vocal players (see above) ask for a change; I put it to the clubs and we discover before anyone gets upset that they don’t want it. Or do. At least more will be content with the outcome than not.

In fact some of the suggestions that I put to the clubs originally came from a small number (two or three) who sent me convincing arguments for several changes but, having consulted, it turns out they are in the minority – comfortably.

What you are proposing is a significant change to long-established practice so I think it’s right to consult. I accept what you are saying if it is in respect of administration of the events and you’ll find some of this in the new version of the rules (you do read them of course?).

Messages In This Thread