Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Council meeting
Jacqui Thomas Wrote:Apart from the grading what benefit is is to affiliate? SJC have always done things for CS not the other way round.

I think the insinuation is that you would pay less to get the games graded if you are affiliated, which at the moment is free but not free in the future If that is the case then I would like to know who approves the affiliation? Is this affiliation at local, regional or national level and where is this affiliation in the constitution. Also would Chess Scotland have a say in for example the SJC are associated with the Lanarkshire Chess League. Do I have to register an affiliation for the work I do or do I have to pay for grading as well? I know David Congalton is in a difficult position regarding the budget but i'm not convinced this is the way forward. I personally think fund raising activities such as simuls and promoting chess in general can only help maybe at the Uni or college level. I also think direct contact between secondary schools and local chess clubs should be encouraged.

Messages In This Thread