Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Debt
George Neave Wrote:So, in summary, this is just timing and there is no underlying fundamental problem. That is something of a relief! It's also interesting to see just how much cash our mystery benefactor is pumping in. Goodness knows what would happen to the Scottish without this. We are very lucky to have this!

Thank you for the prompt clarification. Very helpful and much appreciated.

Partly timing but I think more the consolidation of the accounts has made things suddenly look bad. If you separate the Scottish out then it is perhaps clearer that there is no crisis.

The Scottish in Glasgow was run with around half of the benefactors very welcome initial donation. Without their initial and additional contribution that championship and the one in Helensburgh would have been much smaller events in terms of budget, international players, norm opportunities and everything else the donation allowed. It is extremely doubtful that we would be hosting the Commonwealth Championships later this year without the benefactors continued support.

I echo George's appreciation of the benefactors contribution. It is wonderful.

Overall Chess Scotland is finding times tough, although we are managing the limited budget as best as we can. I (we) do have to look at our overall income, post grant loss and what has to be spent and what we would like to spend and where do we raise the income from. Our current struggles to support teams for the Olympiad in Tromso is a case in point.

This kind of brings me to Andy's point, as 2012 was also an Olympiad year, which contributed to the high international spend compared to contributions towards international events.

andyburnett Wrote:On the 'plus' side it looks like a lot of savings have been made on the Office and related expenses, but the International spend far outweighs the contributions towards it - not unusual I imagine (the ECForum has been discussing similar matters south of the border this week).
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.scotchesstour.co.uk">http://www.scotchesstour.co.uk</a><!-- m -->

Messages In This Thread