Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Plea to the CS Directors
I'm writing this a frustrated CS member. There seems to be a lot slipping through the cracks and it's leading to an increasing sense of frustration in some members. Actions promised aren't being done, emails are being ignored and questions on the forum are not being answered. I have received a couple of emails today from people who are in this boat and I have sent emails that have been ignored by 3 directors over the past few months.

I'm not writing this to have a go at anyone. Everyone has lot of other commitments, family, work and other things. The members appreciate and understand that. Most of us are in the same situation. There's no shame in saying that you're too busy at the moment. The Directors need to appreciate that there are people out there willing to lend a hand if they are asked. You don't need to do everything yourselves. If you don't then you will find these people just walking away from Chess Scotland and you will end up losing assets unnecessarily.

I would suggest the following:

- all emails are acknowledged within 4 days with a timescale of when a detailed reply will be given
- questions raised to directors on the forum are answered within a week
- minutes of meetings are issued within 2-3 weeks so that everyone is aware of their action points
- delegate! Form sub-committees if you are too busy to do something. You don't need to be on them. Just have them report through to you. Even just ask someone else to form it if you are too busy yourselves.

Please remember that everything improves through communication.

We are about to go into 2014 which will be a big year for chess in Scotland with the hosting of the Commonwealth and Glorney tournaments. If we get the simple stuff right and get everybody on-side and not frustrate and annoy them then we can move into the new year as a team and with a renewed sense of enthusiasm.

Messages In This Thread