Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Laws of Chess
Andy Howie Wrote:c. A person who is neither a players nor arbiter be allowed access to the playing
area.

So we no longer can have parents in the hall at junior

Quote:11.3 b b. During play, a player is forbidden to have a mobile phone and/or other electronic
means of communication in the playing venue. If it is evident that a player
brought such a device into the playing venue, he shall lose the game. The
opponent shall win.

So no hearing aids, tablets, radios etc etc. It continues...

Quote:The rules of a competition may specify a different, less severe, penalty.

Phew, but there is a further continuation...

Quote:The arbiter may require the player to allow his clothes, bags or other items to be
inspected, in private. The arbiter or a person authorised by the arbiter shall inspect
the player and shall be of the same gender as the player. If a player refuses to
cooperate with these obligations, the arbiter shall take measures in accordance
with Article 12.9.

So a new item to go into my arbiters case. Rubber gloves....

Overall, looks like most of the madness has been removed. I'm off to source some rubber gloves...[/quote]

Most of the madness removed? No I don't think so"..................

So leave communication devices out with the playing venue

So anyone travelling on public transport or on foot can leave their phone or laptop outside on the pavement!
Those who come by car will now be targeted as goods to be had left in car!

the 'people' who thought this up obviously do not have an ounce of common sense.......... They must be chess players & %#¥€ !!

I can understand these rulings for the top world events but that's where it should stop.

As for searching a woman's handbag? You will need to be a brave man not only from what you might find but be able to duck quickly when it gets swung your way - especially when a brick gets added to the kitchen sink et al.

Rubber gloves & a good first aid kit to go with them for the one who wears them!

Messages In This Thread