Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AGM Election Results
All the following quotes are from an earlier posting by Steve Hilton

Quote:How did the membership Secretary acquire 56 proxy votes? Did he collect them as MS? If he did, then the election should be void, as CS did not offer me the same opportunity to reach the membership.
That does not make for a fair election. Other CS officials also carried substantial proxy votes such as the treasurer. I myself carried no proxy votes.

I do not believe that he acquired them as MS, but isn't the membership list available to all? You can certainly get to most of them through the forum (using PM's). Perhaps the truth is that he was just a bit more streetwise than you in this area. But I am not going to be drawn into a protracted discussion on it - I've simply given my opinion.

In any event, I personally don't agree with the current Proxy System but the Constitutional review is targeted to examine this and given it's general dislike is almost certain to change.

Perhaps it would be more constructive to start a thread on Proxy Voting and how it should change for the better, like how many can be held by an individual, possibly banning solicitation of proxies and so on.

I might even start it myself after this post :-)

Quote:There is also the question of what instructions the Proxy carriers were given in regards to the agenda.

This was asked and answered at the AGM, some proxy holders were actually asked the extent of their proxies - and replied "they were delegated a free permit to vote as they wanted"

Quote:You also said that you think that this is an outstanding team to take CS forward. I cannot agree with this. The only one I was impressed with was David Deary. The others definitely not, in particular the new IJD.

I don't believe you could say this - do you think for one minute that you being elected President would have changed the result of the elected members and therefore you would have HAD to work with this team.

As for the 2009 AGM - it's now history! We are planning for the future.

Messages In This Thread