Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AGM Candidates
Jacqui,

I'm not arguing that whatever treatment you got at the council meeting is not important to and should be pursued by you. But you are also right that it doesn't register with a fair % of us (I don't know if my 95% is a fair representation), not because we are apathetic as you have mentioned but because we don't want to be party to creating a chasm in Scottish chess. We just want chess to be organised and played through our chess politics, we don't care about personal politics.

If you think your treatment has an effect on the amount or quality of the chess that the 95% (or whatever) of us play then your input should be flagged up here or to standards committees etc. If however it will have no tangible effect on the amount or quality of the chess that the 95% of us will play and involves your personal relationships with other people then really it is none of our business to comment.

People from all sides need to recognise that they have been part of the problem and we need people in that don't carry the baggage. That includes those that may have antagonised you and your family in the past. But as ive said before they have to recognise they've been part of the problem themselves without being told.

Messages In This Thread