Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AGM Candidates
I don't think that it is right that non-member parents get emailed asking for what can only be their children's proxy vote. Is this the way that a campaign for re-election should be run?

We should be looking for more than just electing a President based on who is best at getting contacting their email list to get proxy votes without any sort of debate or statement. A brief statement at the AGM is not sufficient for people to decide who is best for Chess Scotland and also prevents those who wish to submit proxies the chance to decide based on what the candidates wish to do.

I think that it would be beneficial for both candidates for President to set out statements on here saying what they want to achieve for Chess Scotland over the bext 12 months. It would also allow members to raise questions and this way allow people to make their judgement based on policies and not just taking sides on any ongoing disputes.

Some of the questions that I would like answered are:

- what are your main goals for the next 12 months?
- what are you going to do to increase the chess playing in Scotland?
- do you have any plans to improve CS's relationship with Holyrood?
- do you have any plans to mend any of the fences that have been broken over the past 12 months?

I'm sure others would add other questions.

Messages In This Thread