Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Forum Moderation
Quote:I mean Nigel isn't a user on our forum, and so it was very unlikely there would be a big argument over posting something about him. Andy's intention was not to directly use his post to offend Nigel Short, and I imagine Nigel would have probably just shrugged it off even if he had read it; as, given his celebrity-like status in the Chess world, he must be used to reading that sort of comment

Do I understand correctly that it is ok to make offensive comments about non-users of this forum? Or at least non-users who are used to being insulted?? This is just nonsense. If language is used that if directed at you would be objectionable then it is objectionable.

Not sure how you can possible know if Mr Short - or his friends/family - would be used to such comments and whether or not he is I certainly think it far more damaging to CS reputation to allow such insults than the post that you pulled. It not only did not name any individual but simply referred to a group of people -
Quote:"...yet are proudly professed non members"
The operative word being 'are' - if it referred to an individual it would be 'is'.

Messages In This Thread