Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Council meeting
Trying to change things is good, but I'd like to hear what the argument is against waiting another two months for the AGM, where the whole membership can vote on these things. I suppose 'then we can have the selection framework in place in good time for an entire season' is an understandable argument. Putting it into place after an August vote might be challenging.

Having read over all of the motions (or at least all of the ones in the zip file), I think they all sound interesting and worthy of debate. I think in a number of cases key stakeholders aren't going to be Council members, and I feel that the AGM would be a more appropriate forum to make these decisions. I think Donald's point about key people not being Council members is also pertinent in the case of the Hamilton motions, though I can understand that the proponents wish to have those decisions in place for the summer's tournaments.

At any rate I think there's a strong argument for at the very least revisiting this stuff in August.

Messages In This Thread