Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
3rd Big Slick International 22nd-30th June 2013
Hi Andrew,

Could you circulate this to any Scottish players who you think might be interested, particularly any of those who already have title norms. I've very limited space for non titled players but reasonable availability for FMs and IMs.

Best wishes,
Lawrence Cooper
International Organiser

The main regulations are as follows:

I am pleased to announce that the 3rd Big Slick International will take place from the 22nd to 30th June at the following address:

BIG SLICK, UNIT 10, ROYAL OAK CENTRE, BRIGHTON ROAD, PURLEY, SURREY CR8 2BG ENGLAND

Tournament format: FIDE rated 10 player, nine round, all-play-alls with one game per day. There will be at least one GM and one IM norm section. Other sections may be added subject to sufficient interest.

The entry fees are as follows:

GM norm event: £200 for titled players (IM/WGM/WIM/FM/WFM); £300 for non-titled.

IM norm events: £100 for titled players (WGM/WIM/FM/WFM); £150 for non-titled.

Players registered as ENG on the FIDE rating list will need to be gold or platinum ECF members.

The closing date for payment of entry fees will be 30th April and the number of sections will be decided according to entries received by 31st March.

The Chief Arbiter will be International Arbiter David Sedgwick. Simon Williams and myself will co-organise the event.

The time limit will be 90 minutes for 40 moves + 30 minutes with 30 seconds cumulative increment for each move starting from the first move. All rounds will start at 12.00.

Players arriving one hour or more after the start of a round shall lose, unless the arbiter decides otherwise.

I would like to thank The Big Slick club for generously providing their club free of charge for the duration of the tournament, The Friends of Chess for their generous donation and the John Robinson Trust for their contribution towards junior entry fees for the event.

Players wishing to play should contact me at <!-- e --><a href="mailto:lozcooper@hotmail.com">lozcooper@hotmail.com</a><!-- e -->

Lawrence Cooper – Big Slick Co-organiser

Messages In This Thread