Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Latest Cheating Scandal
Unless the evidence is actually found then all mathematical probability theory will be just that. As long as there is a possibility that it can happen then concrete proof is required.

One thing to be very careful when checking v a computer is to make sure that there are no "forcing" moves. Often you find that one move will jump out v the others so it would be wrong to suggest the move matches. You also need to base on more than one game as top players will match computers more than you think!

I used to be involved with detecting cheating in online games and know most of the detection methods. Interestingly none of the people I also know to be involved with this have come out and said anything which makes me wonder.

I am in the yet to be convinced camp. If I get some time I might take a look at the games and apply some of the methodology we used to use.
"How sad to see, what used to be, a model of decorum and tranquility become like any other sport, a battleground for rival ideologies to slug it out with glee"

Messages In This Thread