Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Live Boards
I have three major reservations about this thread.
(a) The original posting referred to a request rather than to a demand. I could write to the offices of the prime minister and the leader of the opposition tonight and request that they resign. Would that make me a bad person?
(b) Lots of comments refer to rules and regulations that could have been in place. But they were not. To do so would be akin to creating retroactive legislation. This being legal type expression for creating laws which make offences of events that have already happened. The practice is specifically banned by most countries with a written constitution. In the UK this type of legislation has been created in the last 25 years to deal with serious matters such as war crimes from WWII and various Taxation Avoidance schemes.
© When accusing anybody of anything on the noticeboard it helps to name him/her. This simple act would prevent a lot of unnecessary misunderstanding. At least we have moved on from the days of a prolific poster who used to make accusations about unnamed people and unspecified actions at some uncertain time in the past. I think we all know who I mean.

Messages In This Thread