Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Recognition for Chess in Scotland
Mike,
A tired mind is just as much an impediment to playing good chess as a tired body. Big Grin I would disagree with your point about it as being essential as in other sports. Look at world championship matches and the amount of physical preparation undertaken by the players for matches.

"One of the great advantages chess has is the ability of physically impaired to take part on equal terms (though clearly impaired sight is a disadvantage)."
I would agree with this point Mike The IBCA team at recent olympiad came ahead of the likes of Norway and Scotland, which was an outstanding achievement for my organisation. Sure, blind/visually impaired players are at a disadvantage, but we are overcoming that handicap, by sheer guts and determination.

"Put another way being bigger, faster or stronger, or having good eye hand co-ordination gives you no advantage in chess."
Again I can agree with this , but you know full well that this is only one part of the equation when it comes to chess, knowledge and understanding are most important as well

Messages In This Thread