Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Recognition for Chess in Scotland
Andy Howie Wrote:
Derek Howie Wrote:
Andy Howie Wrote:Without turning this into a political debate, I have spoken to ministers about this. The main issue is that it would really need to change in the whole of the UK. Depending how the vote goes in 2014 it may be easier for us to be recognised as a sport as it could be a single government we would have to deal with.

Another pro-independence post from a CS director Sad

Actually Derek, no, it is a statement of fact. Let me express this a different way, are we better to push it now and fight the battle in two places at once, or wait until 2014 and see what happens there where we could be in a position of just having to fight a single battle.
Andy, I fail to see how it is a statement of fact when there are no definites involved. You say it may be easier. So it therefore may be harder?

It's obviously commendable that you have spoken to ministers, but I doubt that they can give any assurances post-independence given they have no idea what the political landscape will be, and even their own party are changing their stand on key issues such as Nato.

It seems that there is currently one government that makes the decision on this at the moment so there's not a huge amount that would be changed.

Messages In This Thread