Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Censorship on motion 4
Number of times I have had to moderate on this forum is less than 10 since the forum started (source Mod logs). Number of posting bans is 1 and I think that was the old forum.

Forum normally flows nicely and there is little to no need for moderation.

We rarely use the ban stick even though there has been calls for it from others and we try to be even handed.

As it was suggested I was being unfair I have asked Andrew to review it for me. It would be disingenuous of me to comment on it while he is doing so but I will always try to treat people the same.

For the avoidance of doubt so that people realise why I did not act on the thread sooner. I took a week off work to spend with my family, away from chess, and went out with the kids. As I think Dougie said once, we are unpaid volunteers and not on duty 24/7. I heard there had been an issue and I also heard that Andrew had responded. I know know that to be the case.

Have I been unfair today? Going by the messages I have received then it would appear that most people agree with my actions, however I am not above reproach, despite a comment I read earlier about all the power I have (aye right!). A wee tip for anyone out there thinking of volunteering for something with CS. If it is power you are looking for, you are in the wrong organisation! I'm hoping after a good nights sleep, sense will prevail.

Tomorrow is another day...
"How sad to see, what used to be, a model of decorum and tranquility become like any other sport, a battleground for rival ideologies to slug it out with glee"

Messages In This Thread