Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AGM Motion 5
Quote:Ignoring the fact regarding the fact that the indicated seconder says that he didn't, the motion is suspect on a number of grounds.

Sorry Alex, I have absolutely no idea what this means Sad

As mentioned earlier in the thread, the wording needs to be changed/tightened to avoid the problems you've outlined. I was hoping Andy Muir as proposer would have sorted this already - I will contact him to see if this can be done.

It is obvious what the intention of the motion is - the title of Scottish champion should go to someone who does or can represent Scotland. Why anyone would want to be Scottish champion when they don't want to or can't represent Scotland is a mystery to me. A title of Scottish Open champion for the winner of the actual event should be enough.

Quote:4) Many players appear on the list under the federation in which their first rating event was held. Why should red tape prevent such a player from winning the Championship.
Is this really a big problem? I can't think of anyone in this category, but surely they can have their FIDE registration changed to SCO if they wish?

Messages In This Thread