Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
5th E.K. Weekly Open (new closing date 16th May)
Just to remind everyone, we are in the final two weeks to the closing date of the 15th May for this year's E.K. Weekly Open, which starts on the 17th May.

You still have time to post your entry form to, John Dykes, 28 Arran, St Leonards, East Kilbride, G74 2LA

Or email me the details at <!-- e --><a href="mailto:j.dykes@blueyonder.co.uk">j.dykes@blueyonder.co.uk</a><!-- e -->

Or phone me on 01355 610170

You can pay on the first night you are there.

Unfortunately, due to players abusing the system in the last two years, i.e. playing in the tournament and then withdrawing from it, without paying their entry fee, (sadly, both now CS committee members), anyone who does not pay on their first night, shall not be included in the next round.

Remember, if you are playing in the Glasgow Congress and don't fancy four days of chess, you can always take a half point bye in round one of the E.K. Weekly Open. Or you can take a half point bye in the Glasgow Congress on Friday 18th May.

This will be the last (non Allegro) adult tournament, in the West Of Scotland, to take part in before, the Scottish Championships in July.

So if you are looking for a 1st class tournament, in 1st class premises, at an incredibly reasonable entry fee of £15 or £13 (for juniors, CS members, or the unwaged), for a five round swiss Chessbase.com Grand Prix event, then why not join us in Scotland's most popular Weekly Open Tournament.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards
John Dykes
Tournament Director

Messages In This Thread