Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scottish Council election - Hamilton players
Derek Howie Wrote:Firstly, being anti-English and wanting the English football team to lose are two totally different things.

How exactly? Big Grin Wanting England to lose if they are playing teams from the other side of the world is absolutely anti-English. There should be more of a motivation to support our closest friend/neigbour than their opponents in such circumstances, and that many don't is anti-English - seriously or humourously - but anti-English nonetheless. =)

Derek Howie Wrote:Secondly, are you really basing your opinion on a sample size of SNP supporters of one? Big Grin

No, I know lots of people in the SNP, from ordinary supporters all the way through to MSPs. Very few of them would I consider to be anti-English, and even those who are are not anti-English because they are SNP voters, they are anti-English for a variety of cultural and media-driven reasons (such as the apparent duty of a Scottish fan to support "anyone but England"). Name one thing the First Minister, or indeed the SNP, have said that's anti-English. Wanting to govern our own affairs is no more anti-English than a child leaving home is anti-parents. =)

Derek Howie Wrote:The main conclusions I'd come to are that it's wrong to generalise and it's best to keep party politics away from chess. 8)

I do agree here. Big Grin

Messages In This Thread