Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scottish Council election - Hamilton players
Could not disagree more Angus.

Nationalists are not anti-English. It has nothing to do with being anti-English. I am a nationalist, but I have many English relatives and friends. In fact, about a quarter of my family have English roots. Ironically I think unionist Rangers fans are far more anti-English than any nationalists are.

I believe Scotland and England are two separate countries with two separate cultures, identities, aspirations, desires and political opinions. These cannot all be addressed by continuing in a union. That's not to say that Scotland and England wouldn't remain the closest of allies/friends - they would - it's just that the people best placed to make decisions which influence the Scottish people are the Scottish people themselves, sitting in Edinburgh. We do not need/want the international pressures of being in a union that desires permanent membership of the UN (and the nukes that go along with it). We do not want to have our soldiers sent to fight in foreign lands. We do not want our public services to be systematically anihilated by English Tories, while Labour and the Lib Dems do nothing of real substance to prevent it.

That's why I'll be voting "Yes" in the referendum.

Messages In This Thread