Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Glenrothes congress
Just a short update on what's been happening at Glenrothes so far (from memory - I don't give a money-back guarantee on any so-called facts):

In the Open, the top two seeds (Stephen Burns-Mannion and Alan Grant) share the lead on 3/3, so they'll meet tomorrow morning; I'm pretty sure Stephen has white. There are two players just behind on 2½/3: Ian Robertson (no surprise there) and Murad Abdulla (no surprise to those who have been watching his progress over the past couple of years, but remember his published grade is only 1442); I think Murad has had black in both his games (half-point bye in R1), so I surmise he will have white. Another junior doing well is Daniel Thomas, on 2/3.

The Major has two players on 3/3, William Clinton and Andrew McCusker, with David Adam and Dave Stewart half a point behind.

In the Minor, nobody has full points. There are seven or eight players on 2½/3, but I can't recall all their names so I won't risk offending anybody my naming only some.

No real problems so far, and there has been only one draw claim under the two-minute rule.

Messages In This Thread