Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
EGM
David G Congalton Wrote:As for the Operating Procedures - what version am I reading - the original draft, the amended draft? What is the proposal from Ayrshire Chess Association that is to be voted on at the AGM? Is it the document brought up by the link?

"It is hoped that promulgation of these standards throughout the game will be even more effective (than imposing penalties) in reducing the incidence of undisciplined and inappropriate behaviour."

I had to look up promulgation - you learn something every day.

Can you reduce the incidence of undisciplined and inappropriate behaviour, if it's at zero?

The proposal from Ayrshire is the link on the SGM news article. However, only the bits in red are changes and as I have highlighted everything in black is already in place and in many instances very poorly written.

How you reduce the incidence of undisciplined and inappropriate behaviour when it is zero I don't know. In my view this was an ill conceived document in the first place and I begin to question if we need a standards code when it has never been needed before? That said, I'm not naive enough to believe it will never be needed but the present one is terrible. As Steve highlighted its not even independent. Sometimes I despair... at any rate back to my prep for tomorrow. :\
Growing old is compulsory, growing up is optional!

Messages In This Thread