Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Grandparents rule
Quote:For example, Clause 5.4 states: Where an Individual member is under the age of sixteen, one parent or guardian of that Individual member is granted an automatic proxy vote on behalf of the Individual member if the member concerned is not voting in his or her own right. Individual members under the age of 12 at the date of any meeting can only vote by automatic proxy.
So, the parent or guardian can vote for himself or his ward/child, but not for both. Do you think that is fair? Think carefully before answering.

George, I'm not sure that's what it says. The way I read that, 'the member concerned' refers to the young player, since players between 12 and 16 have the option of attending the AGM or SGM and casting their own vote.

Frankly I don't think it's a good idea to allow parents or guardians to vote for players under 12 (and certainly not for those under, say, 8 ) as well as in their own right, and such a stipulation might be quite fair. But I don't think it can be found in the rules as they stand.

Messages In This Thread