Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
3rd Online Scottish Chess Tour Allegro & Blitz - 3rd & 4th July
(29-06-2020, 03:24 PM)David Deary Wrote: Hi Dave,

What are the safeguards to stop computer assistance? I'm not convinced online games should ever count for OTB rating under any circumstances even exceptional ones such as these. I'm not convinced computer assistance can actually be stopped online. At least OTB you can detect any computer assistance or suspect through an opponents behaviour. Much harder to detect and catch cheaters online I would have thought. I am considering playing on Saturday but need to speak to my better half.

Also one for a CS Director, would CS grading online games not require some ratification by the Management Board. If so, I would like to review the minutes of said meeting. Particularly around the integrity of the system as OTB play is very different to Online. Ideally you would have two separate Allegro ratings rather than a combined one given the different modes.

D2

Hi Dave,

It is a Chess Scotland decision to grade online Allegro competitions. We were asked if we would like to submit our games and we agreed to do so.

Regarding stopping assistance, not just computer assistance, we just have to do our best and employ as many checks as possible.

These include restrictive access to entrants, all participants have to give their name and children cannot enter without the knowledge of an adult. Perhaps the most significant is that I send all the games to be scanned through Professor Ken Reagan's screening program.

Hope you can make Saturday.

Messages In This Thread
RE: 3rd Online Scottish Chess Tour Allegro & Blitz - 3rd & 4th July - by David Clayton - 29-06-2020, 10:56 PM