Poll: Should non-anonymous posters be allowed usernames which are not their full names?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
44.00%
11 44.00%
No
56.00%
14 56.00%
Total 25 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Username Discussion
I simply don't feel that the existing poll reflects or even implies this question (it rather serves to put another nail in the coffin of anonymous posting), so I'm setting up a new one.As long as posters' real identities are published and freely available to other noticeboard users, should initials and shortened names be allowed?
I am here suggesting a system whereby, as long as Andrew and Andy are aware of who the user is upon their registration (including a PNum, both to verify identity and facilitate correspondence with grading data), and as long as a 'key' of usernames to identities is located somewhere on the forum to enable other users to identify them (the 'Forum Usernames' announcement thread could be easily adapted for this purpose), the likes of AWIC, JR, AWT and SRB can continue posting under their current handles.
If you think that this is an acceptable compromise, please vote 'Yes'. If you disagree with this idea, please vote 'No'.

Messages In This Thread