Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
George Pyrich RIP
The sad news has just reached me that George Pyrich, formerly of Nairns and Kirkcaldy Chess Clubs, has passed away in Spain at the weekend after a short illness.

George was a hugely respected member of the Scottish chess community, active in league and tournament chess over many decades, and one of the driving forces behind the Glenrothes Chess Congress.

He participated in the Scottish Championships on many occasions and there will be very few players in the country who did not recognise George as one of the friendliest, most knowledgeable and helpful of men, as well as a very strong chess player.

George retired and moved to Spain with his wife Catherine a few years ago after some health problems, where he continued his passion for chess, playing in the local Spanish league and tournaments. He is the current Andalusia 65+ champion and will be sadly missed in both Scotland and Spain.

A full obituary will be published in the February issue of Scottish Chess and I will update this thread as and when I receive further details.

Andy Burnett

Messages In This Thread
George Pyrich RIP - by andyburnett - 18-12-2017, 03:03 AM
RE: George Pyrich RIP - by Craig Pritchett - 18-12-2017, 05:17 PM
RE: George Pyrich RIP - by Alan Borwell - 18-12-2017, 11:56 PM
RE: George Pyrich RIP - by Alan Bell - 19-12-2017, 08:37 AM
RE: George Pyrich RIP - by Ianbrownlee - 20-12-2017, 02:50 PM
RE: George Pyrich RIP - by George Neave - 29-12-2017, 06:27 PM