Poll: Do you think posters should be identifiable by their username?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
65.52%
19 65.52%
No
34.48%
10 34.48%
Total 29 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Forum Username - Discussion
George Thomson Wrote:I do not like the way that Various people including myself were FORCED to use full names whilst AWIC JR and Various others were not. Whatever is decided should be uniform and that will be and end to it.If people decide not to post as a result then they are being petty. However if people refuse to post as a result of this unfair situation then I agree. Although they would do better by fighting for fairness for all.

Good - more views to debate, although I'm not sure I appreciate the distinction between it being petty for some people not to post, yet apparently OK for others not to post.

There should be no compulsion - if people don't want to post then they shouldn't have to. And most members don't. We might want to ask ourselves why that is.

I agree that people should never have been forced to use full names. But then, hardly anyone ever used what I would call their "full name". That demonstrated the farce of the original debate - most people were not using their full names according to their birth certificate or their passport, but an abbreviated version of their full name.

This debate is slightly different as it is variously about "real name" or "indentifiable name". That is progress.

And I agree about fighting for fairness for all. We should be tolerant of those who wish to be different, or have different opinions, not chase them away or force them to conform.

Messages In This Thread