Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LOTHIANS ALLEGRO
Alan Tate Wrote:It's more about motivation. Would you go out in a cold windy evening to play someone you've played many times before or someone rated 400 points below you... and do this 5 times, for no reward?

Nah I wouldn't for an individual event. Have only ever 'played down' if that's the right term for team chess and to help club progress.

George Neave Wrote:For the record, I really liked the FIDE events that Willie Rutherford ran at Edinburgh CC. Played over 2 consecutive weekends. FIDE, central Edinburgh, draw in advance and fully subscribed. Believe it stopped because WIllie had better things to do. I think something similar would be worth a try. I don't think 1 game a week at various church halls after work and scattered across the Lothians has much chance. Just saying. Happy to be proved wrong.

I really enjoyed David Oswald's Armageddon events at Edinburgh CC which were over 1 weekend. They had a minimum rating entry requirement and were targeted for the stronger players/elite or whatever you call yourselves these days Smile I only got in as not all places were taken but was still strong. Did not care much for the Armageddon part in the last round myself, but even then I thought they were very good and successful.

Maybe someone at Edi CC will be raising an eyebrow and getting ideas.

Messages In This Thread