Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Glorney Cup
I think my record of organising events is adequate so far. A number of congresses, a few allegros, organising participation in three Glorney-Gilbert's (including Stirling in 2014 when our squad accommodation was met by the generous contributions of support from near and far) a handful of Liverpool Quadrangulars and assisting with Scotland's participation in various World, Euro and Olympiad events, at both adult and junior level. It's not all been done perfectly but I do and I try.

At the moment, we have a large group of active, enthusiastic players who are between the ages of 14 and 16 and our top 20, active and available Under 16's are all playing in top level international events this summer. Such competition for places can only be good for the future.

The Glorney is an under 18 team tournament with two rounds per day. There isn't an under 16 event.

Some of our top players will be playing in the Under 16 Olympiad, starting on Friday. This is an opportunity to take part in a top level nine round tournament, accompanied by a GM coach. This can only benefit the juniors going in the long-term and they will come back more experienced for future events. I made a conscious decision to offer our top juniors a choice, as with both events so close together it wasn't feasible to play in both. Some chose the Olympiad, some the Glorney. For a number of reason I stand by that decision.

Yes, most of our top players are under 16 at the moment but I am looking to develop these players into winning under 18's, whilst working on a structure that encourages improvement at the under 14, under 12 level for both boys and girls, as well as keeping players playing. These are our Glorney and Gilbert players of the future.

I think our under 16's should be aspiring to the Under 16 Olympiad and then bringing the benefit of the hard work to get there and the experience of being there to the Glorney and Gilbert teams, as our top 17 year olds turn 18 and are no longer eligible for these events.

amuir Wrote:I have to be appointed Junior ID or Glorney Cup manager at the AGM to make this happen.

I would disagree with this, at the moment but am always open to being convinced. Did you not get the England job then? :-o
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.scotchesstour.co.uk">http://www.scotchesstour.co.uk</a><!-- m -->

Messages In This Thread