Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AGM proposals
WBuchanan Wrote:Really Ian? Presumably Andy means that continuing the SGM during the AGM itself would limit discussion time for ordinary AGM business?
yep I was at the AGM in 2013 and it was unfinished at the end of the day even when it started at 10.30 am. The SGM deserves a full day to itself and given the potential carry on regarding the voting e.g what happens to someone who proxied at the first meeting but rurns up at the second what happaens to the original proxy votes etc plus the timescale required to finish the SGM and then start the AGM makes having the SGM on the same day an issue.Maybe it can be done but i dont think so. I think the best thing is have an SGM either AS A CONTINUATION or as a limited reboot of the SGM in the autumn after open debate . the timescale required of the upcoming AGM doesnt allow for the SGM to be part of it . Lets face it , the new constitution wont be in place at least this year so thefoot on the accelarator can be relaxed a wee bit to get as much people on board as possible. The is from someone who passionately wants the constitution in place with its jobs decriptions and operating procedures in place. There has been a wonderful debate so far in this forum , long may it continue with positive input all round. Afew extra months debating the SGM wont do anyone any harm

Messages In This Thread