Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2015 Scottish?
AndrewGreen Wrote:2-3 months in advance would be good but maybe even earlier is necessary. People often plan their summer chess tournaments very early on. An Olympiad place for the national champion is a good idea and not uncommon in other countries.

Agreed. In fact I booked my 2 week summer vacation a week before this event was announced Sad 3 weeks off in 5 is very hard to justify for me. A chance to play a bunch of titled players would have made it worth serious consideration but about a month back, with no evidence this was going to happen, I had to give up the idea. Personally disappointing to miss out on a Scottish on my door step but that's how it is unfortunately. Next time hopefully. Still looking forward to watching. It is a great venue. Not sure why we have not got same sort of entry as happened when it was in City Chambers. Feels very similar in terms of venue quality and being in the capital which, of course, makes it much more attractive especially to players from outside of Scotland.

Messages In This Thread