Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
International Fide events
Hi Martin

I had the impression the issues of the FIDE Edinburgh moving venue 3 years running and being at risk of not going ahead this time not directly related to financial costings involved (or at least partially related). Is that not the case then?

Re plusher venues and Matthew's example of Ayr. Could also add Livingston Allegro (hotel venue) and Dundee (private sports facility adjacent to separate hotel) to that particular list (all fantastic events IMO). Maybe we are slowly moving there. If the event is good then players will come? From speaking to other players at congresses I get the distinct impression the prize money is not a draw or consideration for the high majority. Most of us are just playing because we love chess and for a good event experience.

Were it to be local though and East based, then I don't really care where any congress might take place. An ancient school or clapped out community centre without heating supplied is fine for me. At this point in time, considering the desperate state of where we are in the East I really don't feel too fussy myself and will be grateful for any local events!

Messages In This Thread