Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AGM
My congratulations to Ian Brownlee on his election as disability officer.
I understand that my motion was accepted in principle and will go forward to council. I expect progress on this quickly.
There are some questions I want an answer to, and I wondered if the agm dealt with them
1/ the proxies that were made at the last agm. We were assured that they they would be counted as apologies and appear in the list of apologies. They were not included in the list of apologies. Why is this. They have to be included or the votes taken at that agm can be called into question.

I accept that I was defeated for the post of Disability Officer. I have heard that there were still criticisms of my resigning from previous posts. They have completely ignored my experience and qualifications for Starting my 7th year as a secretary general of a world body for chess, the IBCA and my work for FIDE in the chess for disabled committee, which is now a full commission. This work reflects well on this country.

I now feel free to say this,

The attitude shown towards me with these criticisms, only confirms my long held belief that CS is a clique ridden organisation. Power is in the hands of a few, and are not representative of the chess community

Messages In This Thread