Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Latest Announcement from the Presidential Board
The FIDE Presidential Board met in Khanty-Mansiysk on Saturday and Sunday. One of the items discussed was dress code for chess matches. This is something that the ECU brought in a few years ago for top level games.

Looking at the minutes that were sent out last night to all federations, the one thing that caught my eye was as part of the Dress code, it is expected that all male players now wear ties at the board! In typical FIDE fashion, this is not restricted to FIDE rated or top level games X(

No penalty was discussed, it appears it is down to the Arbiter under the new "punishment rules", one of which is a fine.

Not keen in implementing this one. For a start I hate wearing a tie. What are your thoughts?
"How sad to see, what used to be, a model of decorum and tranquility become like any other sport, a battleground for rival ideologies to slug it out with glee"
Considering the modern hi tech gadgets that could be hidden in a tie.

It would be more logical to ban ties at the board.

Smile
another April fool Andy???
Maybe I should have waited until tomorrow until posting this...
"How sad to see, what used to be, a model of decorum and tranquility become like any other sport, a battleground for rival ideologies to slug it out with glee"
why don't you repost it tomorrow any way Smile
Beginning to wish I had.
Maybe it could be a fund-raising opportunity for Chess Scotland?

I'm thinking CS-branded ties, featuring the "Lewis Chessmen" of course, with 50p tie-hire available at congresses.
I get my kicks above the waistline, sunshine