Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Council meeting
3:-O come off it David I have not implied such a thing. All I have done if anything is defended the previous FD as what was being implied by the fabrications being posted was that collusion must have taken place to have allowed what was being claimed. Do you honestly think any FD would allow directors to go giving parents willy nilly 300€? No.

As for the accounts being approved at the council meeting...... When the constitution 13.3.1 clearly states the accounts have to be approved by the AGM. Oh dear!
Jacqui,

I can assure you one hundred per cent that my thoughts were my own and that no "collusion" has occurred.
Jacqui Thomas Wrote:As for the accounts being approved at the council meeting...... When the constitution 13.3.1 clearly states the accounts have to be approved by the AGM. Oh dear!

Jacqui, your response is infantile but not unsurprising or out of character.
Also, I never said they wouldn't be approved at the AGM. Did I? Oh dear! please read me posts! :p =)) :ymapplause:
Growing old is compulsory, growing up is optional!
Jacqui Thomas Wrote:Oh my goodness u lot must be getting desperate as you are now fabricating facts. Do u think if it's said enough times it becomes true? Manufacturing of facts from a position of profound ignorance can never create the truth.

I saw the accounts at the time & do not recall 300€ paid to a parent, you are wrong. If you are referring when I travelled with the team to Greece where I was a chaperone, you have it wrong as I paid in full my own way & it was a lot more than 300€ for both travel & accommodation, as I did to the Glorney, Ireland.

Hefty chunks were paid for the likes of transport to the Glorney which everyone benefitted from. So stop making out otherwise with your personal vendetta. The Finance Director at the time kept a tight ship & knew exactly what was paid for & those accounts were approved at the 3 AGM's.

Can we now get this thread back on track as it was a discussion regarding items being discussed or proposed to council which may affect the future of junior chess in schools

Nothing I need to add folks.

Have a good argument in the empty room
Are the moderators sleeping?

My opinion is no more than that of one plain member of Chess Scotland, but I think this thread should be terminated - now, immediately, before writs for libel start being issued.
Donald Wilson Wrote:Are the moderators sleeping?

My opinion is no more than that of one plain member of Chess Scotland, but I think this thread should be terminated - now, immediately, before writs for libel start being issued.

Yes I was. I had an incredibly long day the day before which meant I was up at 4 and got back just before midnght as I had to travel to a customer site.

Desperately need more mods but people approached want nothing to do with it. I wonder why....

Couldn't agree more Donald. The name calling and lack of facts here have degenerated this thread to a farce. Time for this thread to rest.

I have not had to get heavy handed for a while but I will if this continues!
"How sad to see, what used to be, a model of decorum and tranquility become like any other sport, a battleground for rival ideologies to slug it out with glee"