Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Explanation Wanted
Why has the thread I set up about the continuation of the AGM being blocked? Has the board decided to stop legitimate concerns about the AGM being discussed? Who ordered the Blocking of the thread? Do they have the power to do this? and under whose authority?
In the need for transparency, answers are required.
If you have legitimate comments start a relevant thread - I'm sure some people will read them.

By the way --- the moderators aren't the board. Address your concerns to them.

Why do always assume everything is orchestrated by the board?

Perhaps a pleasant query rather than a rather public aggressive demand might near more fruit.
With respect Jim my original thread about the continuation of the AGM asked fair and legitimate questions arising from the AGM. It certainly was not aggressive in any way shape or form. I will continue to ask relevant questions on the noticeboard. What has been done in the blocking of my thread is clearly trying to block free speech.
Steve, I'm afraid we will just have to agree to differ.

and....

I never said your original thread was aggressive - I was talking about your opening posting on this one.

anyway I was only expressing a personal view on that one posting.

I am a total advocate of free speech, but allegations/insinuations that can't be substantiated - that's another thing altogether.

"differ to agree we must"

Jim
Steve your post may not have been aggressive but it could have been presented in a less demanding way; as I suggested why not contact the relevant people directly ? it saves negative and fruitless arguing. I know you are an articulate and non confrontational person so I am surprised by your recent postings.
Patrick McGovern Wrote:Steve your post may not have been aggressive but it could have been presented in a less demanding way; as I suggested why not contact the relevant people directly ? it saves negative and fruitless arguing. I know you are an articulate and non confrontational person so I am surprised by your recent postings.

Quite right Pat

The reason the thread was locked is quite simple, it was accidental. There was no need for public hand wringing. I was administering the board last night and was tired. The lock button is quite easy to hit accidentally and normally I notice it.

The thread is unlocked.

To answers Steve's Demands

Quote:Why has the thread I set up about the continuation of the AGM being blocked?

It was done accidentally

Quote:Has the board decided to stop legitimate concerns about the AGM being discussed?

Well given I was at the Lothians Allegro yesterday, it would have been practically impossible for the board to have a discussion on this...

Quote:Who ordered the Blocking of the thread?

That would be Noone

Quote:Do they have the power to do this?

Both Hugh and I do

Quote:and under whose authority?

Under the authority of being Moderator and Administrator of the board

Quote:In the need for transparency, answers are required.

and answers have been given, although they are not the ones you would have been expecting. Now if we have quite finished with the rants?
"How sad to see, what used to be, a model of decorum and tranquility become like any other sport, a battleground for rival ideologies to slug it out with glee"
Andy,
I am satisfied with your explanation
Jim Webster Wrote:If you have legitimate comments start a relevant thread - I'm sure some people will read them.

By the way --- the moderators aren't the board. Address your concerns to them.

Why do always assume everything is orchestrated by the board?

Perhaps a pleasant query rather than a rather public aggressive demand might near more fruit.

Jim,
Tell me what was aggressive about my posting?
How else was I to react when I saw that my thread to was blocked?

To be fair to Andy H, He did respond to my email when I asked him about this.
So I am perfectly satisfied with his explanation
I can empathise with accidentally locking a topic. I once or twice accidentally edited posts instead of hitting the quote button. It then looked pretty confusing when my response to their post appeared to be made by them and their post no longer existed. :\