Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chessity
I am delighted to announce a partnership between Chessity and ChessScotland. As a part of this partnership Chessity will provide a group discount to Scottish players.

Chessity is a tactics trainer site that allows users to train their tactics by playing games, but to progress in the games you have to solve tactics. It also incorporates the famous Steps method used by the Dutch to teach their world-beating juniors. The site is clean, easy to use and in my opinion the best tactics trainer available on the net. The site is not limited to the computer either and it is possible to train using smart devices.

It is free to sign up and you can try the site out for yourself at <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.chessity.com">http://www.chessity.com</a><!-- m -->. To get the full benefits of the site you have to become a premium member. If the following targets are hit the cost will be as follows to Scottish chess players:

Number of users: Premium member price:
1 member and normal price: 35 euro
10 – 100 members: 18 euro
100 – 1000 members: 15 euro
1000 – 5000 members : 12 euro

If you are interested in this discount and would like a premium account for a year, please send an email to <!-- e --><a href="mailto:andrew.d.green@me.com">andrew.d.green@me.com</a><!-- e --> before the 10th of October. I highly recommend this site and hope you all enjoy it.
nice work!
We have already hit the first target of ten members. Just to clarify, if you are an existing member it is possible to extend your membership at the discounted rate. If you are interested please get in touch!
We are currently sitting at 35 people. A few people have asked what the benefits of becoming a premium member are. These are some of the benefits that I am aware of:

1. Unlimited access to all the exercises
2. Unlimited access to the theme trainer for learning.
3. Unlimited access to the game zone (castle assault, chess box, tug of war, etc.)
4. A special coach zone for managing students and live training (this will be available from November)
5. Chess blog functions
6. The ability to create public or private chess groups.

I have created a Chess Scotland group. It would be nice if everyone joined this group. By joining, you will be able to compete with other Scots and chat with each other.
AndrewGreen Wrote:1. Unlimited access to all the exercises

In particular, access to the whole series of puzzles from the Dutch 'Step' system for juniors. Steps 1 and 2 are currently available, but more will be added in the November/December update. Also a Basic games section for beginners/very young kids.

And for the stronger players, there is a nice range of challenging studies composed by Yochanan Afek.
Six days remaining. Currently at 37 people.

Some people have asked how suitable the website is for new players and children. For beginners or near beginners the basic games and learning tabs are very good and well worth checking out. The site is child friendly and there is a bit on the Chessity website about this: <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.chessity.com/child">http://www.chessity.com/child</a><!-- m -->

If you have any questions, please get in touch.
I just got around to joining, am quite impressed with it. It has methods of making it fun also, like battling someone else to solve the puzzles on a timer. Given the recommendations in this thread and the £15 yearly subscription cost with the offer arranged by Andrew (excellent initiative on his part), it was a no brainer for me to take advantage of this. I am therefore also happy to recommend it to all.

If you are a chess playing family you are potentialy getting double/treble the value for your account, I will be making use of the dutch step system for juniors which Clement mentioned.
I just wanted to let everyone know that this deal is ongoing. If you would like a Chessity membership at half price, please email me: <!-- e --><a href="mailto:andrew.d.green@me.com">andrew.d.green@me.com</a><!-- e -->. The site continues to improve all the time and I think it is terrific value for what you get.