Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AGM Election Results
Pat,
First of all, let me make clear I fully accept the results of the AGM elections yesterday.
However, there are questions that need to be answered.
How did the membership Secretary acquire 56 proxy votes? Did he collect them as MS? If he did, then the election should be void, as CS did not offer me the same opportunity to reach the membership. That does not make for a fair election.
Other CS officials also carried substantial proxy votes such as the treasurer.
I myself carried no proxy votes.
There is also the question of what instructions the Proxy carriers were given in regards to the agenda.
You also said that you think that this is an outstanding team to take CS forward. I cannot agree with this. The only one I was impressed with was David Deary. The others definitely not, in particular the new IJD. When asked about alcohol yesterday in relation to a head of delegation drinking, he said it was ok in moderation.
That was a horrifying response to the question.

The meeting was very poorly handled by the President. He allowed the MS to tell a member to shut up when he tried to question him. The President should have ruled the MS out of order for saying that, but he did not.
He also suggested that the MS should be a member of the working party for the reform of the constitution,
I raised an objection and to his credit the MS withdrew.
I suspect that there will be an attempt to re install him on the working party.

The treatment meted out to Andy Muir was disgraceful. It was the exact same as I endured at the AGM in 2009. To me this shows that CS in generally intolerant of those who speak their own minds.

The elections for the for individual members were a total farce. The people nominated were nominated as individuals but were voted as pairs. This procedure was a disgrace and destroys the credibility of CS.

The Standards Committee : This committee in my view has no credibility as long as directors and officials are serving on it. I have said this from the day it was formed, As long as they do, the decisions will be open to challenge. If the committee is to be independent, then it must also be seen to be independent and it will not be whilst we have the current situation.

The agenda was not presented in its original format.
I was about to congratulate one and all on the generally positive vibe from the post AGM posts, especially Andy M. A real sense of moving forward and a lack of sour grapes.

Then I saw Steve H's post. Disappointing.

Move on Steve. If you see problems that need fixing then I suggest that you raise them elsewhere.
I am surprised you feel the need to hark back to 2009 as your own behavior was rather poor.
Steve,

StevieHilton Wrote:There is also the question of what instructions the Proxy carriers were given in regards to the agenda.
You also said that you think that this is an outstanding team to take CS forward. I cannot agree with this. The only one I was impressed with was David Deary. The others definitely not, in particular the new IJD. When asked about alcohol yesterday in relation to a head of delegation drinking, he said it was ok in moderation.
That was a horrifying response to the question.

I had a chat with a couple of respected members of CS afterwards and they agreed with you and suggested having one person who didn't touch alcohol per night.
Rotating this person every night allows people to have a drink if they want and one person in case emergencies ect. need dealt with.

Seem reasonable to you?

Calum
Mike,

The meeting in 2009 was a farce and you know it was. Different number of votes in each of the votes taken?
I was not even given the opportunity to withdraw from the second vote. Yet you criticise my behaviour at the meeting? You clearly have a different view of things as you are entitled to have. Yet you expect me not to have that same right?
I will continue to criticise when things are wrong.

Calum,
That is perfectly reasonable.
Steve
Quote:Yet you expect me not to have that same right?

Never said you did not have the right; what I said was that is was time to move on - but if there were things that need fixing then raise them in the appropriate forums.
Derek Howie Wrote:Hopefully there can be a junior forum that is open as well. I believe it's important for parents to have easy access to news about tournaments, results etc.

Perhaps there could also be one in the members' only section, so that if a thread did take a left turn then the mods could easily move it.

Absolutely - I doubt the current forum categories are set in stone anyway. What I'm wanting, anyway, is the sort of balance where 'information' is easily accessible by whoever wants to see it, but where people need to log in to view the 'chat'. You're right that we need to keep news about tournaments as public as possible.
Wow
Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...
StevieHilton Wrote:Other CS officials also carried substantial proxy votes such as the treasurer.

Steve, I am sorry you feel the way you do. My vote and the use of my proxy's (only used in one vote) were not against you as a person. I have always found you agreeable and friendly and I admire the work you do for the IBCA. I follow your participation in international events abroad with interest and will continue to do so. I understand you will be playing an event in Dresden later this year and wish you well in that and the upcoming tournaments this season.
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.scotchesstour.co.uk">http://www.scotchesstour.co.uk</a><!-- m -->
Mike,
It would help if the powers that be do listen from time to time Big Grin
Look at my work in the international field

David,
I do appreciate the kind words. All I'm saying is that everything is done properly that's all.
I am looking forward to Dresden and the World Disabled chess championships, but before that I will play in an event in Dublin Big Grin Next year I will play in the Commonwealth and the World Braille Championships in Corfu