Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Michael Hanley
Patrick McGovern Wrote:
Quote:What is worse it is so easy to misread or misinterpret something written rather than spoken.

this illuminating statement is something Phil should take on board especially as it comes from the more moderate member of his family. I have no axe to grind with Phil. I hope this unnecessary verbiage stops.

OPat,
Remember my recent list of requirements for me to keep the peace on this notice board.

(a) Do not say one thing in private and another thing in public.
(b) Do not make malicious attacks upon me on the notice board using material that would be laughed out of any (thankfully ) hypothetical court.
© Do not put statements you know to be false on the notice board.
(d) Do follow the constitution of CS - don't make up what you would like to read there.

Pat you have crossed the line I drew in the sand with option © arguably (b) too. Jacqui is right. It is easy to misread,
You are a past master at that skill. It seems you wish to restart hostilities.

I think we both know that you have an axe to grind with me. As do many of the silent majority.

If you wish to cut down on the amount of nonsense being posted - stop posting.

I expect that I may have more to say on the notice board when I receive information from the ongoing ECF enquiry into my removal from the list of ECF arbiters. I assume that during your recent visit to the ECF site you will have read section (g) of arbiter regulations. If you need help understanding the meaning of those words please ask for help.

(g) The Director of Home Chess shall give written notice with grounds to any Arbiter suspended from entitlement to such appointment and shall give not less than thirty five days written notice with grounds to any Arbiter whose appointment it is intended to revoke and shall consider any written submissions received from the Arbiter within thirty five days of such written notice. If the appointment of the Arbiter is suspended or revoked he or she has a right of appeal to the Board (excluding the Director of Home Chess). The appeal shall at the option of the Arbiter be either a written appeal or a personal hearing. The decision of the Board shall be final.
Quote:I think we both know that you have an axe to grind with me. As do many of the silent majority.

Can't imagine why the silent majority would have an axe to grind with you? Care to explain? Tongue
Mike Scott Wrote:
Quote:I think we both know that you have an axe to grind with me. As do many of the silent majority.

Can't imagine why the silent majority would have an axe to grind with you? Care to explain? Tongue

Mr Scott,

I think you and the notice boards readers need to be made aware that I find that posting to be extremely funny bordering on the LOL category.

Yes, on careful reading my words are ambiguous..

On even more careful reading both interpretations are correct.
No one should ever presume that the silent majority all hold the same view.