Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tournament Section Thoughts
Hugh Brechin Wrote:That's interesting, thanks Jacqui. Do you know how well-supported it typically is in comparison with other allegros in the area?

I played the Bourne End event intermittently before I moved to Scotland in 2003 and once during a trip down south. Attendances always seemed good. Similar concept of small sections were and are applied to the Berks and Bucks event over the August Bank Holiday weekend (last Monday of August). I played this event in 2011 in the higher of 2 FIDE rated sections.

My first event at Bourne end was actually the first tournament I played - shared 3rd place in lowest section. The last time I played Daniel won a book prize two books HOT Chess and COOL Chess.

First reader to name the author gets 2 Brownie points....
Too Easy, was my first two chess books, written by our very own Paul Motwani
"How sad to see, what used to be, a model of decorum and tranquility become like any other sport, a battleground for rival ideologies to slug it out with glee"
Phil Thomas Wrote:
Hugh Brechin Wrote:That's interesting, thanks Jacqui. Do you know how well-supported it typically is in comparison with other allegros in the area?

I played the Bourne End event intermittently before I moved to Scotland in 2003 and once during a trip down south. Attendances always seemed good. Similar concept of small sections were and are applied to the Berks and Bucks event over the August Bank Holiday weekend (last Monday of August). I played this event in 2011 in the higher of 2 FIDE rated sections.

My first event at Bourne end was actually the first tournament I played - shared 3rd place in lowest section. The last time I played Daniel won a book prize two books HOT Chess and COOL Chess.

First reader to name the author gets 2 Brownie points....
First reader to name the author gets 2 Brownie points...

sorry i thought you meant two Brownlee points...