Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scottish Chess Championships 2013
all working now :-)
Gordon Rattray Wrote:
Andy Howie Wrote:Finding the time at the moment

I wasn't saying you had to do it; I was interested in whether you thought the approach had issues. Earlier it was mentioned that Alex was spending a significant amount of time typing in scoresheets, so maybe it would save him time to do so.

I think the approach has merits and is something we can look at for the Commonwealth for next year.
"How sad to see, what used to be, a model of decorum and tranquility become like any other sport, a battleground for rival ideologies to slug it out with glee"
Jim Grant would appear to be playing twice today according to the live boards. I assume that one of these should read Alan Grant. I'm just mentioning it in case you have not noticed and it causes any problems.
Hi George,

He is actually showing off and playing a Simul
"How sad to see, what used to be, a model of decorum and tranquility become like any other sport, a battleground for rival ideologies to slug it out with glee"
Open Draw is now up Draw
What's the gig on norms? Is it just Alan who can get one now?
Doing a back of fag packet calculation, I make it three people possible at the moment. Will do a proper calculation tomorow
Well, that's my week of chess over, thoroughly enjoyed it. Been a couple of months since I played a competitive game for various reasons, was good to be back at the board and catch up with some familiar faces.

Many thanks to Andy and Alex, and the gent who is providing tech assistance whose name I don't know, sterling job given the resource level you're working with. And thanks to Quality Chess for the free book, very much appreciated.
Well done to everyone involved in this event. It was good to play in a nice town at a nice time of the year with decent time controls, plenty of elbow room, natural light and good chess sets. Despite the hot weather the playing room was a reasonable temperature and I only noticed it too warm on the last day, actually it was not that bad but I need some excuse for the way I played.
Anyone watching Roddy's game? Superb!!