Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Topalov Simul
Congratulations on your win Andrew. Do you have a copy of your game to post by any chance? Big Grin
Andy Howie has a copy of all the games and they should appear soon.

Can I thank everyone who turned up to play or spectate.

Both visitors, especially ECU President Danailov, were impressed by Edinburgh Chess Club. There was one criticism was that it is not promoted enough! They both went to their hotel but came back for another brief visit before having a meal and a whisky tasting session!
I think my favourite moment was when someone (It was either David, Neil or Geoff) pointed out to GM Topalov that he had just played in the same club and signed in the same visitor book as Capablanca et al (they even showed him the signatures). He was literally speechless Big Grin
"How sad to see, what used to be, a model of decorum and tranquility become like any other sport, a battleground for rival ideologies to slug it out with glee"
As promised, Photos

I did not get too much time to take pictures
"How sad to see, what used to be, a model of decorum and tranquility become like any other sport, a battleground for rival ideologies to slug it out with glee"
A couple of pics here: One long shot and one of Topalov making a move v Alastair White.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.redhotpawn.com/blog/blogread.php?blogpostid=99">http://www.redhotpawn.com/blog/blogread ... gpostid=99</a><!-- m -->

Also 2 of the games played from the simul.
What a week! 75th Birthday and a game with Topalov. My thanks to all who made it possible.
I took them with me to enter at the weekend. I have been entering them this morning and have 7 of the games entered. I can't make sense of 2 of them. Aiming to have them done today / tomorrow