Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dundee Congress 2019
Thanks Ian. Perhaps next year?

Round two draws are now available at dundee-congress.co.uk - see the surprise first round Premier result at http://www.dundee-congress.co.uk/documents/Premier round 1 results.jpg

Results of note in addition to the aforementioned Premier surprise:

Premier
Andrew Newton drew with Neil Berry and Jake Sanger drew with Mark Orr

Minor
Deepesh Shrestha beat Bruce Geddes
Max Whisson drew with Derek Coope
For results and pairings follow these links:
Premier
Major
Minor
I had hoped to get round four draws up tonight but have only managed the Major & Minor. I don't have the Premier draw but it will change anyway due to a withdrawal this evening
It's over. Results are on the Congress website at dundee-congress.co.uk/results.htm Grading performances will be posted asap. For results of each round follow the Chess-Results links in earlier posts.
The results for the major and the premier are the same people.
Thanks Hamish, I suspect caffeine/adrenaline overdose though I clearly remember typing the the correct names. The results list has been corrected.
I did type the list correctly - the version I emailed to the players was right. Copy/pasting was probably the hiccup. Anyway, the technical glitch with the Premier results on Chess-Results has been fixed and the results can be seen at Premier. The others are at Major and Minor
Grading performances are now available:
Premier
Major
Minor
Photos are at - Congress photos
What did people think of the Congress? See the comments at Dundee feedback

Games are now available at Dundee games

Thanks to Alastair Dawson, Ray Flood and Ray Noble for processing the games.

My thanks go to my colleagues on the congress committee, arbiters Fiona Petrie, Michael Roth and Ray Noble, Lindores Abbey Distillery, Louise (in the snack bar) and all those who helped with the furniture shifting at the end. Oh yes, and to all who took part. Haste ye back - on 16-18 October 2020.