Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Glorney Information
to all the parents of the Scotland team participating in the Glorney....

Hi Guys
For those who have sent shirt sizes, thank you very much, for those who haven’t , can you please send me by email only your child's shirt sizes for the polo shirts so I can order them, there are still a few of you who haven’t sent  your shirt size . . Any queries please get in contact with me either by email or preferably by telephone

The order should be sent by Friday at the latest. Please do not publish any information on the forum
Are there going to be any live games from the Glorney this year?
Yes if I can keep going Big Grin
"How sad to see, what used to be, a model of decorum and tranquility become like any other sport, a battleground for rival ideologies to slug it out with glee"
(16-07-2018, 01:01 PM)yes Andy Howie Wrote: Yes if I can keep going Big Grin

lost to dutch but bounced back to beat irish, just went out for nice meal with english, organized by ian. Big matches tomorrow v english & french
http://chess-results.com/tnr363093.aspx?...art=3&rd=1

Just to say the Gilbert first round results have not been added in.
Just checked and they are showing??
"How sad to see, what used to be, a model of decorum and tranquility become like any other sport, a battleground for rival ideologies to slug it out with glee"
added in now
beat english and should have beaten french but lost, another nice evening meal & football match to end day
(17-07-2018, 10:26 PM)amuir Wrote: beat english and should have beaten french but lost, another nice evening meal & football match to end day

full points v welsh and ended up only 1.5 pts behind france & holland
(18-07-2018, 06:44 PM)amuir Wrote:
(17-07-2018, 10:26 PM)amuir Wrote: beat english and should have beaten french but lost, another nice evening meal & football match to end day

full points v welsh and ended up only 1.5 pts behind france & Holland

It's obvious a lot of hard work went into this year, and I've heard many positive things about the training and coaching. The top team were much closer to victory than might be immediately apparent, but it's clear there was probably some exhaustion following a gruelling and very impressive Scottish by many players - 12 days of chess at this level is obviously an endurance test in its own right. In short, it was pretty much impossible to make the necessary transformation over just one year but you all came darn close nevertheless! 
Well done.