Forums
Council meeting - Printable Version

+- Forums (https://www.chessscotland.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Members Only (https://www.chessscotland.com/forum/forum-16.html)
+--- Forum: General Chess Chat (https://www.chessscotland.com/forum/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: Council meeting (/thread-909.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

Re: Council meeting - Mike Scott - 16-03-2014

Oh I love it!
:bash: This must be Andy H. after doing a bit of noticeboard moderating.

Re: Council meeting - Mike Scott - 16-03-2014

%-( :bash:
Which one is Phil and which is Pat?

Re: Council meeting - Ianbrownlee - 16-03-2014

I love it one doesn't listen and the other has a bigger head.... :-h

Re: Council meeting - Patrick McGovern - 16-03-2014

hope you dont mean me mike :-$

Re: Council meeting - Andy Howie - 17-03-2014

Mike Scott Wrote:Oh I love it!
:bash: This must be Andy H. after doing a bit of noticeboard moderating.

It is that and a bit of Confusedos: Confusedos: Confusedos:

Re: Council meeting - StevieHilton - 17-03-2014

:bash: =))
This is the membership trying to get questions answered!!

Re: Council meeting - Jacqui Thomas - 17-03-2014

Can someone kindly get this thread back on track & let us know how the 'discussions' re u14 junior grading fees, affiliation & compulsory membership went please.....

Re: Council meeting - amuir - 17-03-2014

Yes, how much money can I spend on Olympiad ?

Re: Council meeting - David Deary - 17-03-2014

Jacqui Thomas Wrote:Can someone kindly get this thread back on track & let us know how the 'discussions' re u14 junior grading fees, affiliation & compulsory membership went please.....

U14 & U17 juinor grading fees are set at TBC

A discussion will be had on affiliation at the Home Junior Board meeting on the 28th March. The outcomes from these discussions will form the basis of a proposal to the next AGM (23 August). I don't wish to prejudge any discussion of the HJB but I will be pressing for fees to be waived as part of a package of benefits coming from affiliation, those who do not affiliate would pay a 'nominal' fee which is TBC (see above). Again, anyone who has any particular views on this or wishes to contribute to the HJB can contact me by email.

Compulsory Membership has been passed to a working party on the future funding of Chess Scotland it is anticipated at the earliest that any proposed changes would go to the AGM in August 2015. I'm not sure what this will look like but I believe interest will be sought from the membership to contribute to this working party.

amuir Wrote:Yes, how much money can I spend on Olympiad ?

Andy, you have your Budget of £5.5k for Adult International Chess. So whatever you decide as the International Director to allocate from budget to spend on the Olympiad.

Re: Council meeting - Derek Howie - 17-03-2014

David Deary Wrote:U14 & U17 juinor grading fees are set at TBC

A discussion will be had on affiliation at the Home Junior Board meeting on the 28th March. The outcomes from these discussions will form the basis of a proposal to the next AGM (23 August)..

Surely fees should be set (by Council) before that?

I got told by the President at last year's Council meeting in June that it was too late to alter any fees at that point and yet junior organisations have to wait until towards the end of August before they hear whether there will be fees and what level they will be at? It seems a little unfair when plans have to be made for the season before that.