Forums
Tromso Olympiad 2014 - Printable Version

+- Forums (https://www.chessscotland.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Members Only (https://www.chessscotland.com/forum/forum-16.html)
+--- Forum: Tournaments and Events (https://www.chessscotland.com/forum/forum-9.html)
+--- Thread: Tromso Olympiad 2014 (/thread-838.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44

Re: Tromso Olympiad 2014 - Alan Tate - 15-09-2014

Andy M. You are the international director. How about making some decisions?

Re: Tromso Olympiad 2014 - amuir - 15-09-2014

Alan. my decision is to do a survey. I will wait a few more days to see if any more questions to ask.

Re: Tromso Olympiad 2014 - Alan Tate - 15-09-2014

You've asked enough questions to last a lifetime.

Re: Tromso Olympiad 2014 - robin moore - 15-09-2014

Ian,

The main problem for the moment is that no-one seems to know for certain which events in the future will be affected. The only one I know of at the moment is the World Youth.
If we knew all events that will be affected CS could plan accordingly. Meantime, I don't feel we should spend more money for now pursuing these titles.

Re: Tromso Olympiad 2014 - Alan Tate - 16-09-2014

Andy Muir, Maybe you should ask yourself some questions like:

Why do you hold the ID position? Your main motivation appears to be to cause conflict and to take as much as you can for free. You're a big cloud of negativity that drags everything down with you. It's pretty sad that you use your position of so-called power for your own benefit and to annoy others. Chess Scotland is run by volunteers for goodness sake.
I'm not going to waste any more time and energy here - good luck to in your little game, I hope you win.

Re: Tromso Olympiad 2014 - amuir - 16-09-2014

"Andy Muir, Maybe you should ask yourself some questions like:
Why do you hold the ID position? Your main motivation appears to be to cause conflict and to take as much as you can for free. You're a big cloud of negativity that drags everything down with you. It's pretty sad that you use your position of so-called power for your own benefit and to annoy others. Chess Scotland is run by volunteers for goodness sake.
I'm not going to waste any more time and energy here - good luck to in your little game, I hope you win."

Alan, I hold the ID position in order to assist with the organisation of international events. I am a volunteer. I am trying to stop conflict. I do not know of an occasion when I have been negative. As far as I can see, I don't know what is urgent that needs changed. However if people want change then this can be carried out. You seem to think a magic wand will suddenly make us world champions. What has suddenly made you think like this ? If the Olympiad had finished after round 7 and we came 27th and won place medals would you still want change ?

We are still awaiting the minutes of the AGM. A Constitutional Review will be set up headed by Gerard Lobley to discuss some of the points here. I will liaise with him as to whether I do a survey or not.

Re: Tromso Olympiad 2014 - Andy Howie - 16-09-2014

Couple of points

Const review is being headed up by Hamish and selection panels is something that we are discussing in the light of what has happened this year.

Robin,

It is not about having people in the hall, it is about HOD and coach getting the free accommodation. They have the have the training licence from FIDE to be able to do so. In the long term it makes sense financially to have people with the qualification

Re: Tromso Olympiad 2014 - robin moore - 16-09-2014

Andy,

How many more people do we need and how much more does CS intend to spend in order to gain this qualification?

Re: Tromso Olympiad 2014 - andyburnett - 16-09-2014

As I was reminded this week, Andy Muir was democratically (re-)elected at the AGM.

No-one saw fit to stand against him, this 'no-one' including Alan Tate, John Shaw, David Oswald, George Neave and a host of others (including myself naturally) who have found Andy M's actions to be 'less than exemplary' and have publicly questioned his motives and abilities.

I'm sure everyone has good reasons for not wanting to/not being able to take on the role - my own being the simple fact that I have taken on the magazine editors role - but the fact remains that Andy M. is the only one currently willing to do the job.

So, we are where we are, and Andy M. should just get on with doing his job, take advice from interested parties (please!) but try not to publicly humiliate himself or CS in the process.

As a suggestion for Andy M., I would say that you might want to run your ideas/actions/posts/announcements past a friend first (say, Dougie Bryson?) to ensure you don't needlessly piss people off or cause unnecessary problems.

Re: Tromso Olympiad 2014 - Andy Howie - 16-09-2014

Robin,

That is what is being worked out at the moment