Forums
Tromso Olympiad 2014 - Printable Version

+- Forums (https://www.chessscotland.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Members Only (https://www.chessscotland.com/forum/forum-16.html)
+--- Forum: Tournaments and Events (https://www.chessscotland.com/forum/forum-9.html)
+--- Thread: Tromso Olympiad 2014 (/thread-838.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44

Re: Tromso Olympiad 2014 - David Deary - 01-04-2014

Andy Howie Wrote:
David Deary Wrote:In terms of the Council meeting on the 16th, there was a discussion around the International Budget as part of the discussion around budgets and fees. I cannot recall any specific discussion of Andy M's qualities as captain but I'm not sure that would have been the correct forum for it anyway. The team members and captains were probably mentioned but I honestly cannot remember for sure. I'm present at too many chess meetings as it is and they all start merging into one... :-o

I am the same as you but I am working in the background to check with the others in case I missed something.
/Smile That takes care of the Council meeting... I answered that a couple of days back...

I think its pretty blatant that there is a 'personal' dimension to some of the posts.
There is provision in the constitution for an International Board to my knowledge it hasn't actually been constituted this season.

Re: Tromso Olympiad 2014 - andyburnett - 01-04-2014

I read that before David, thanks.

Given the nature of the subject, and the fact that someone then (allegedly) told Andy Muir he had their approval (Andy M wasn't present according to the minutes) and given that neither you nor Andy H recall anything other than perhaps budget talk, where does that leave us? Hopefully Andy Howie can jog someone's memory...?

I would have thought it obvious, to my recollection there was no vote of confidence for Andy Muir being captain. Equally, there were no concerns raised regarding it. Which is surprising given the apparent strength of feeling and the fact that the council meeting was only two weeks ago.

I really don't think it was discussed at all. The Budget certainly was as I was arguing for it to be reduced but I don't remember discussing Andy M specifically and I have an opinion on almost everything so I would have remembered discussing it.

David Deary Wrote:I would have thought it obvious, to my recollection there was no vote of confidence for Andy Muir being captain. Equally, there were no concerns raised regarding it. Which is surprising given the apparent strength of feeling and the fact that the council meeting was only two weeks ago.

I really don't think it was discussed at all. The Budget certainly was as I was arguing for it to be reduced but I don't remember discussing Andy M specifically and I have an opinion on almost everything so I would have remembered discussing it.

Fine David, but where does this come in then....

amuir Wrote:CS council also discussed the captaincy at their meeting on 16 march and the consensus was in my favour, so I do have quite a bit of backing.

#:-s I thought you had quoted me twice there... You've got me this time though b-(

I'm afraid you would need to ask the International Director what he meant by that.

David Deary Wrote:#:-s I thought you had quoted me twice there... You've got me this time though b-(

I'm afraid you would need to ask the International Director what he meant by that.

I wonder what the chances are of getting an answer to that one /Smile

Re: Tromso Olympiad 2014 - andyburnett - 02-04-2014

andyburnett Wrote:
David Deary Wrote:#:-s I thought you had quoted me twice there... You've got me this time though b-(

I wonder what the chances are of getting an answer to that one /Smile

I'd be quite happy for ANYONE to answer this actually ;Wink

Re: Tromso Olympiad 2014 - Jim Webster - 03-04-2014

I was also at the council meeting, there was certainly not a vote of confidence or otherwise taken on any subject. If so it would have been recorded and minuted.

The only "international" discussion I recall was the same as David and revolved round the budget, nor do I recall switching my hearing aid off either. %-(

Re: Tromso Olympiad 2014 - Kevin Mayo - 03-04-2014

23 pages on this and counting.
Brilliant.

Re: Tromso Olympiad 2014 - andyburnett - 03-04-2014

Kevin Mayo Wrote:23 pages on this and counting.
Brilliant.

What do you suggest Kevin?
Should some of us (perhaps me mainly) just shut up and let it go?
Or should someone step in to sort out this mess?

I might set up a poll on the forum... Should Andy B zip it, or should Andy M resign?